Thursday, May 23, 2013

Names

Waylen and Falcon were Waylen and Falcon pretty much from the minute we found out we were having twins.
When we found out I was pregnant again I was for SURE IT WAS A GIRL. IT HAD TO BE. IT wouldn't be fair if it wasn't a girl this time. I had plenty of girl names I LOVED that Neal DIDN'T but whatev.
Boy names we were struggling.
I didn't love anything. AND before we found out it was a boy I had fun getting a few cute girl things at Goodwill. And honestly if I hadn't been able to do that I don't think I would have been as ok with it being a boy. I got the girl shopping a tiny bit out of my system and it allowed me to say "I am buying pretty things but it's probably a boy" so even though I was buying girl stuff I didn't let it get my hopes up too high.
When we went to the ultrasound we had them put the picture in an envelope so we  could find out when we wanted instead of at the dr.'s office because I was afraid either way I would just cry too hard.
So afterwards we were sitting at home and couldn't get our mind off of it and decided to just open it already. It was a BOY of course. It was a really blurry picture so I wasn't happy about that either. I'm like if you're going to put a picture in an envelope for us make sure it's one that REALLY REALLY shows it's a boy.  SO I cried kind of a lot but got over it and still had a GLIMMER of hope it COULD be a girl because of the blurry picture. We had to get another more detailed ultrasound a week later because of some spots they found on the heart and it confirmed for sure it was a boy. But they said the heart issue wasn't an issue and that they see the same thing with other babies least once a week and most never turns out to be anything and that everything looked fine. So I'm still hoping that's the case.

SO THE NAME search began. I like to have names ahead of time to get used to them. I don't know how long it took us but we went back and forth with a few different names for quite a while and then all of a sudden Neal found the perfect middle name while looking on Netflix (Rhys) and it was one syllable which is what I wanted since Smith and Neal were W&F's middle names. Since I kind of don't like the idea of random names that don't have meaning of SOME kind to us Rhys was ok if we used a first name that meant something. Cannon was the ONLY name that we BOTH liked and it is Neal's Grandma's maiden name. So we shook hands on it and all that stuff the very second Neal found the name Rhys.

Then I saw a picture of a little baby on Instagram that had the name Cannon and it made me like the name EVEN more. and that was that.

Then a few weeks ago Neal was having second thoughts about it for no reason.
Then the other day I was for no reason. But both times decided not to change it.
Then after that at Helena's wedding reception........Neal tells me his aunt has wanted use the name Cannon. (and at the time I had totoally forgot she was pregnant with a BOY the same time I was?! how could I forget that?)  It made me feel kind of bad to find this out. Because it's not like you go to everyone in the family and ask if the names you are thinking about are on their lists too but I DID have a thought one time that I can't be the only one who would think to use it as a first name. It was used as a middle name enough times.
I guess it's going to be his name anyway unless Neal thinks of something better but he won't. and I'm just done thinking about it. My head hurts. And if Neal's aunt really wants to name him Cannon that's fine. I don't mind at all! It's a good name.

I still have a glimmer of hope that the baby will come out a girl and that the ultrasound was just a blob of umbilical cord or something place in just the right way........JK








No comments:

Post a Comment